Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Barbie's Juice Party with RJ

Since we took our juicer for a test run, we have had lots of discussion.  The WHOLE bunch of kale was too much.  It made us have nasty burps and well...  Let's just say RJ almost got kicked out of bed.  Shoo!  We all felt full and had energy all afternoon, but just felt like there is a way to make the juice taste and digest better.  RJ has told me serveral times that he thinks he is more of a fruit drinker.  This man doesn't eat fruit.  Then again, he doesn't eat kale or tomatoes either.  So, I started reading recipes to figure out how I was going to get him to drink the veggies as well as the fruit. 
I decided I was going to have to make 2 juices, mine and his. 

His:
1/2 C Spinach
3/4 Medium Grapefruit
2 Carrots
7 Strawberries
7 Blackberries
Paused for taste test:
Well, it was very tart from the grapefruit.  I shouldn't have used so much.  I will adjust that next time.  Plus, this made a huge amount of juice, enough for both of us.  I had to make this sweeter for him.
Added:
3 Yellow Apples

After tasting it again, I decided it was pretty good and poured his serving over ice.  He tasted it, really liked it and drank the whole cup!

Hers: (Not what I had planned, but considering all of the juice left from his, I had to adjust)
I took 8oz of His and added
2 Celery Stalks w/ Leaves
1/2 Cup Spinach
1 Carrot
7 Blackberries
7 Strawberries
1 Apple

Again, I had a massive amount of juice.

 

   
It was delicious too!  I drank a full glass and was so full.  I stored the rest in a glass for LML's snack.  We will let her be the final taste test judge.
This is the juice in front compared to the pulp on the left.  This thing extracts all the moisture!
 
 
This particular juicer works great and is very quite.  It does take a bit of clean-up though.  I think it takes about 10 minutes to break it all down, get the extra pulp out and clean all the pieces.  It is worth it though.
 
We officially start the juice fast tomorrow.  So, I gotta go...there's a donut in the kitchen calling my name. 
 
Enjoy the Juice!
LYMI!

 
 

 


2 comments:

  1. it all sounds delicious. I can't wait to start, and I am amazed that Scott is wanting to do it.
    In the movie, he always drinks it through a straw, but now that I have tried it, it seems easier to just chug it than so sip it. I bet he gets tired after sucking all that juice and pulp through a tiny straw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you? we want to read about your juicing!!
    and I'm waiting on a garden update post!

    ReplyDelete